- Fraud Protection
NEVER SURRENDER YOUR CARD, PIN OR mobile SIM cards
For your card protection, never give your Credit, Debit or ATM Card, PIN, One-Time PIN/Password, mobile SIM card or even online username account to anyone. Remember, Citi® will not ask for these for any reason, even as part of promos, card upgrades or replacements. Surrendering any of these will lead to fraudsters using your account. Please note that the cardholder is liable for charges made on the card until the incident is reported to CitiPhone.
Keep all your bank-related documents secure.
After reading all your documents, keep them in a safe and secure place.
Never sign on blank forms.
Completely fill out and review fields in any transactional document, (e.g. check) and strike off any blank spaces to remove any room for alteration.
Check your monthly statements and recent transactions regularly.
Should you find any discrepancies, please call CitiPhone® at + 632 8995 9999+ 632 8995 9999.
Regularly update your personal details.
Provide your latest and valid personal details to the bank to ensure correct correspondence. Be sure to update your email address and mobile number to be notified of transactions that you did not make. This way you can call CitiPhone to report it immediately.
Set up account alerts.
Register for Citi Alerts® to receive email or SMS notifications on account activities such as bank account balances, large purchases, or withdrawals. This allows early detection of suspicious activities.
Banking online can be convenient and secure with these simple precautions.
Transact only through secure websites.
- Do business only with companies you know and trust, and never disclose banking details on any third party sites or sites not owned by Citi®. When accessing Citibank Online, make sure you type in "www.citibank.com.ph" directly into your browser address before you login.
- Citibank® Online uses 256-bit encryption which converts your data into a code making your information hard to decode by hackers.
- Look for the padlock symbol at the bottom of the web page and check if the log-in page changes from “http://” to “https://” to ensure the site is running in secure mode before you input sensitive information.
Protect your passwords, PINs and account information.
- Change your PINs and passwords as often as you can.
- Do not share your One-Time PINs to anyone.
- Make sure that your password is not based on your personal information. Use combination of at least six characters and cases, without repeating any digit or character more than once.
- Use separate passwords for online banking websites and non-banking websites.
- Do not save your sign-on information when logging on through public computers and ensure that no one is watching you while you key in your username and password.
- Clear your browser's cache and history after each session.
- Always log off properly by clicking the "Sign-Off" button at the top of the screen. Do not just close your browser.
- Deactivate the "auto complete" function of your browser and never select the auto save option on browsers so that your usernames and passwords are not saved when logging in.
- Create a back-up of all critical files so you may refer to these in case your account or your identity has been compromised.
Use software protection.
- Install anti-virus, anti-spyware and malware detection software, and update these regularly. The best defense against computer attacks is preventative software so make sure you regularly scan your computer for viruses before logging on to any website.
- Install a personal firewall to help prevent unauthorized access to your home computer.
- Do not install software or run programs of unknown origin. While software can claim to improve your computer's performance, it could also be spyware which collects your information without your consent.
- If you are using Windows as the operating system, ensure File & Print sharing is disabled.
Beware of scam or phishing emails.
- Do not provide sensitive information via email as scam or phishing emails are usually disguised as a personal email from a friend.
- Do not open emails or attachments from senders you do not recognize.
- Be careful in clicking links sent through emails.
- Make sure to double check URLs if they are correct.
- When receiving an email from Citi®, the sender's email address should be Citibank Philippines <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- If you are asked to submit any information by Citi®, you will be asked to submit it to an email address with '@citi.com' as domain name.
If you have provided sensitive information to a suspicious website or received an email pretending to be Citibank, please report it immediately to email@example.com and delete it immediately.
Text wisely and safely.
- SMiShing messages appear to be from a legitimate company and contains link that takes you to a spoof website or even asks to call a phone number.
- Clicking links from these text messages can lead to other problems such as installing dangerous viruses on your phone.
- Avoid selecting links in unsolicited text messages. Instead, go directly to www.citibank.com.ph.
- Do not respond to unknown numbers. If you miss a call on your mobile device or receive a text message from an unknown number, it's safer to ignore the call or delete the message.
- Set up blocking features. Check with your network to see if they offer the option to block certain types of text messages.
If you suspect that you've received a fraudulent text message, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org and delete it immediately.
Transact with your mobile phone securely.
- Using a jailbroken or rooted device in accessing your Citi® account may expose your information to malware or hackers. We encourage you to use the Citi® Mobile App through a non-jailbroken or non-rooted device. If you notice any unusual transaction on your account, please report it immediately by calling CitiPhone® at
+ 63 2 8995 9999+ 63 2 8995 9999.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Don't give your credit card to anyone.
Citi® will not ask for your card for any reason, even as part of promos, card upgrades or replacements. Surrendering any of these will lead to fraudsters using your account. Please note that the cardholder is liable for charges made on the card until the incident is reported to CitiPhone.
Discard your old credit card properly.
Punch a series of holes directly on your card's magnetic stripe and chip.
Sign your card immediately.
Your signature is your safeguard. It can help prevent unauthorized transactions on your card.
Always get your card back after every purchase.
Purchases made using your card should be done in your presence.
Treat your credit card like cash.
If lost, report immediately. Remember that unauthorized usage of your card will be charged to your account.
Inform us ahead of time if you're traveling abroad.
Call us before your trip so can take note of this when we see transactions made overseas. You can also request for a credit limit increase ahead of time to accommodate your purchases abroad.
Enjoy safer transactions anywhere in the world
Frequently Asked Questions
The smart chip credit card provides you with enhanced security, which may help reduce the occurrence of credit card fraud.
Your smart chip credit card will be inserted into the credit card terminal instead of swiped. Upon approval of the transaction, you will be requested to sign on the charge slips to complete the purchase transaction. If the terminal being used does not have a slot for a smart chip, your credit card may still be swiped.
Yes, you can.
Yes, you can.
For online purchases, the same payment process will apply.
For Citi® Cash Advance transactions, you will need your 4-digit Cash Advance PIN for ATM usage. If you have forgotten your Cash Advance PIN, please call CitiPhone® at + 63 2 995 9999+ 63 2 995 9999 to request for a new PIN. Also, please note that the Cash Advance availment fees and interest charges will apply.
Your smart chip credit card will be delivered to you before your current card expires.
You may request for one by calling CitiPhone®. A replacement fee of P400 will apply.
No, your annual membership fee will remain the same.
Your Supplementary Cards will be delivered before they expire.
Any existing One Bill® enrollments and PayLite installment plans will remain.
If you have any auto-debit arrangements enrolled directly with the merchant such as gym memberships and insurance premiums, please make sure to update them regarding your new expiry date, as needed.
Be vigilant when transacting through ATMs.
- Be vigilant for any "unauthorized" devices or objects installed at the ATM. If you see such devices, do not use the ATM. Instead, report it immediately by calling CitiPhone.
- Be alert and watch out for any suspicious persons or activities around the ATM.
- Be observant of anyone loitering in close proximity to or even at a distance from the ATM location.
- Never give your ATM Card and PIN to anyone.
- Keep your ATM transaction slips and don't leave these lying around.
- If you withdraw cash, put it away immediately. Do not count it at the ATM.
- When leaving an ATM location make sure you are not being followed by anyone. Make your way to a police station, crowded area or well-lit location immediately if you are being followed.
- Do not accept any offers of assistance with the ATM from strangers
Protect your checks.
- When receiving a new check book, see if there are missing leaves in the series.
- Do not pre-sign any leaves in your check book.
- Cross your checks so encashment can only be done in the real beneficiary's bank account.
- Avoid depositing or encashing checks not directly issued to you.
Respond immediately when you receive a notification from Citi prompting you to reply via SMS.
- Citi may send an SMS to your registered mobile number to ask you to confirm a suspicious transaction.
- The SMS will contain the amount of the purchase and the merchant where the item was purchased. You will be asked reply "1" if the transaction was made by you or "2" if the transaction was not made by you.
- The SMS will be sent from a short number 2948029480. Your reply to 2948029480 is for FREE of charge.