Rates & Fees.
Your guide to understanding the fees and charges of your Citi® Card.
Citi Card Fees and Charges
Below is the table of Citi Card Fees and Charges as of January 2019. These fees, charges and interest rates apply to all Citibank, N.A. Philippine Branch issued Credit Cards.
Annual Membership Fees
Rates & Fees
Annual Membership Fee
|Card Type||Principal Card||Supplementary Card|
|Mercury Drug Citi||P2,000||P900|
|Shell Citi||P2,500 (Gold)
|Citi Simplicity+||No Annual Membership Fee||No Annual Membership Fee|
|Citi Cash Back||P3,500||P1,750|
*Non-waivable and billed in full on the first statement
*Free for the first seven supplementary cards
|Citi Gold, Rustan's Citi Gold||P2,500||P1,250|
|Cebu Pacific Citi||P2,800||P1,400|
• For Citigold bank accountholders of Citibank, N.A. – Philippine Branch, your Citi Gold Visa Card is free for life.
• For Citi Prestige Cardholders, the first billing of the Principal Card Annual Membership Fee will reflect on your first Statement of Account and the Fee will be billed yearly thereafter. The Principal Card Annual Membership Fee cannot be waived and must be settled in full to avoid incurring any fees and charges. The Citi Prestige Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fee is waived for up to seven (7) accounts.
• Cardholders who have qualified for the No Annual Fee promo will not be billed the Annual Membership Fee as long as they fulfill the promo requirements.
• If you had previously been given a waiver of the Principal Membership Fees for your Citi Rewards Card and Citi Cash Back Card subject to meeting a P180,000 annual spend, this waiver is no longer available.
|Important Advisory on Annual Membership Fees for Cardholders with Multiple Citi Cards|
|Please be advised that the 20% discount on Annual Membership Fees for cardholders who have multiple Citi Cards will be valid until November 30, 2015 only. Starting December 1, 2015, the full amount of Annual Membership Fees will be charged to each of the Citi Cards on their respective anniversary dates.|
|Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate1||3.50%2,3|
|Citi Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate1||3.64% inclusive of the Citi Cash Advance Service Charge4|
1Interest rates are quoted based on a 30-day period. For months with more (or less) than 30 days, the applicable interest rate shall increase (or decrease) accordingly. Interest is compounded monthly. In accordance with the Philippine Accounting Standards (PAS) definition, effective interest rate (EIR) is the rate that exactly discounts estimated future cash flows through the life of the loan to the net amount of loan proceeds. (BSP Circular No. 730, s2011)
2The applicable Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate is 3.50% based on a P20,000 availment, on the assumption that the Cardholder pays the Minimum Amount Due one (1) day after the Statement Date.
3Your actual Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate is indicated on your Monthly Statement of Account.
4The applicable Monthly Effective Interest Rate for Citi Cash Advance is 3.64% based on a P20,000 availment plus P600 Citi Cash Advance Service Charge, on the assumption that the Cardholder pays the Minimum Amount Due one (1) day after the Statement Date.
Other Fees and Charges for All Card Types
|Citi Cash Advance Service Charge||P500 or 3% of Citi Cash Advance Amount, whichever is higher.|
|Monthly Late Charge||Effective February 1, 2018, Monthly Late Charge is P850 or the unpaid Minimum Amount Due, whichever is lower.
Late Charges do not apply to Citi Simplicity+.
|Minimum Amount Due||
Your Minimum Amount Due is:
|Foreign Transaction Service Fee||All charges made in foreign currencies will automatically be converted to Philippine Peso on the posting dates at the prevailing exchange rate determined by Visa/MasterCard. A fee of up to 3.525% will be imposed on the converted amount which represents our service fee and assessment fees charged by Visa/MasterCard.|
|Citi Speed Cash (also known as Citi Call for Cash/Click for Cash) Manager's Check Delivery Charge||P50 will be charged for the delivery of the Manager's Check availed under the Citi Speed Cash Facility.|
|Cancellation Processing Fee||P300 applicable to Citi PayLite and Citi PayLite After Purchase.|
|4% of unbilled portion of the Principal Amount, applicable to Citi Balance Conversion, Citi Balance Transfer and Citi Speed Cash.|
|Disbursement Fee||P250 for each approved Citi Balance Transfer and Citi Speed Cash transaction.|
|Initial Interest for Balance Transfer, Balance Conversion, Paylite After Purchase, and Citi Speed Cash||(Approved Principal Amount x Monthly EIR x # of days from the approval date to the statement date) / 30 days|
|Card Replacement Fee||P400 for each lost or stolen Card.|
|Overlimit Fee||P500 (i) if your Relationship Balance, the balance across all your Citi Cards (including unbilled principal on installment transactions, if any) exceeds your Relationship Limit (RL), or (ii) where your Card is on Account Credit Limit, if your account balance exceeds your Account Credit Limit. The fee will apply on the same day you exceeded your RL or Account Credit Limit and will be charged to the Card with the transaction that caused the overlimit. The fee will be reflected on your Card’s next statement and will only be charged once per month. However, if your Relationship Balance or Account Credit Limit remains overlimit in the succeeding months, a P500 Overlimit Fee will be charged per month.
Overlimit Fees do not apply to Citi Simplicity+.
|Returned Check Fee||P1,500 will be charged for every check that is returned or that bounces due to insufficiency of funds, uncollected deposits, stop payment order, closed account, alteration, erasure or deficiency, or for any other reason.|
|Charge Slip Retrieval Fee||P250 for each charge slip retrieved upon your request, for whatever reason. The same amount will be charged to you for each charge slip retrieved by the Bank arising from an invalid dispute.|
|Attorney's Fees & Other Judicial Expenses||In case of default in payment, you will need to pay, in addition to Late and Interest charges, the cost of collection and/or attorney's fees and litigation and judicial expenses, as applicable.|
All Card Transactions and any amounts charged to your Card shall incur Interest.We compute Interest each month based on daily balances (including new transactions).
How the daily balance is computed:
The daily balance is computed separately for each type of balance (Citi Cash Advance balance and Retail balance), in the following manner:
Start with the ending balance from the previous day.
Add any new purchases, the principal portion of the Monthly Installments Due, and charges transacted on that day.
Subtract any credits, payments, and/or other adjustments made on that day.
How Interest is computed:
We multiply each daily balance by the daily Interest rate (which is the monthly Interest rate divided by 30) to determine the daily Interest. We do not compute Interest on any credit balance.
We repeat Step 1 for each day in the billing period.
We add up all the daily Interest to determine the total Interest for the billing period.
For Retail Interest only:
- If you pay the Total Amount Due of your current SOA in full by its Payment Due Date, the Retail Interest on your new Card transactions will be deferred to your next SOA (“Deferred Interest”). If you continue to pay your Total Amount Due on the next SOA in full by the next SOA’s Payment Due Date, the Deferred Interest will not be charged.
- If you pay the Total Amount Due of your current SOA in full by its Payment Due Date, but you have an unpaid balance from the previous SOA, the unpaid portion of the Previous Balance will incur Interest; the computed Interest on the unpaid amount of the Previous Balance will be charged on your next SOA (“Residual Interest”).
- If you do not pay the Total Amount Due of your current SOA in full by Payment Due Date, the total Retail Interest assessed to you equals:
- Total Interest for the billing period (as computed in Step 3); plus
- Any Deferred Interest from the previous billing period.
Interest is compounded monthly; on the Statement Date, Interest charged on Retail Transactions will be added to the outstanding Retail balance and Interest charged on Citi Cash Advances will be added to the Citi Cash Advance outstanding balance, if any.
Although the monthly interest rates are as stated in your SOA, the total Interest you pay on an annual basis may be higher depending on the amounts you pay and when you pay. You can save on Interest when you pay more than the Minimum Amount Due and/or pay earlier.