Rates & Fees.
Your guide to understanding the fees and charges of your Citi® Card.
Citi Card Fees and Charges
Below is the table of Citi Card Fees and Charges as of June 2017. These fees, charges and interest rates apply to all Citibank, N.A. Philippine Branch issued Credit Cards.
Annual Membership Fees
Rates & Fees
Annual Membership Fee
|Card Type||Principal Card||Supplementary Card|
|Mercury Drug Citi||P2,000||P900|
|Citi Cash Back||P3,500||P1,750|
*Non-waivable and billed in full on the first statement
*Free for the first seven supplementary cards
|Citi Gold, Rustan's Citi Gold||P2,500||P1,250|
|Cebu Pacific Citi||P2,800||P1,400|
• For Mercury Drug Citi Classic Cardholders approved before August 8, 2014, your Principal Card and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are P1,800 and P900, respectively. For Mercury Drug Citi Gold Cardholders approved before August 8, 2014, your Principal Card and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are P2,800 and P1,400, respectively. If you are a Mercury Drug Citi Cardholder whose card number used to begin in 4034 19 but was replaced to 4034 18 , your Principal and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are 2,800 and P1,400 respectively.
• For Shell Citi Classic Cardholders approved before August 8, 2014, your Principal Card and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are P1,800 and P900, respectively. For Shell Citi Gold Cardholders approved before August 8, 2014, your Principal Card and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are P3,000 and P1,500, respectively. If you are a Shell Citi Cardholder whose card number used to begin in 4034 19 but was replaced to 4034 18 , your Principal and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are 3,000 and P1,500 respectively.
• For Citi Rewards Cardholders approved before December 1, 2014, your Principal Card and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are P2,000 and P1,000, respectively. For all Citi Rewards Cardholders, the first three (3) Citi Rewards Supplementary Cards are free for as long as each Supplementary Cardholder is active in a membership year.
• For Charge2Phone Cards, you must have an existing Citi Rewards Visa Card.
• For Citi Cash Back Visa Cardholders approved before August 1, 2010, your Principal Card and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are P1,800 and P900, respectively. For Citi Cash Back MasterCard Cardholders approved before May 15, 2015, your Principal Card and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are P2,800 and P1,400, respectively.
• For Citi Platinum and Citi PremierMiles Cardholders with card number beginning with 453248 and approved after February 14, 2015, the first Supplementary Card is free for life.
• For Citi Classic Cardholders who were upgraded to the Citi Rewards Card, your Principal Card and Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fees are P1,500 and P750, respectively.
• For Citigold bank accountholders of Citibank, N.A. – Philippine Branch, your Citi Gold Visa Card is free for life.
• For Citi Prestige Cardholders, the first billing of the Principal Card Annual Membership Fee will reflect on your first Statement of Account and the Fee will be billed yearly thereafter. The Principal Card Annual Membership Fee cannot be waived and must be settled in full to avoid incurring any fees and charges. The Citi Prestige Supplementary Card Annual Membership Fee is waived for up to seven (7) accounts.
|Important Advisory on Annual Membership Fees for Cardholders with Multiple Citi Cards|
|Please be advised that the 20% discount on Annual Membership Fees for cardholders who have multiple Citi Cards will be valid until November 30, 2015 only. Starting December 1, 2015, the full amount of Annual Membership Fees will be charged to each of the Citi Cards on their respective anniversary dates.|
|Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate1||3.50%2,3|
|Citi Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate1||3.64% inclusive of the Citi Cash Advance Service Charge4|
1Interest rates are quoted based on a 30-day period. For months with more (or less) than 30 days, the applicable interest rate shall increase (or decrease) accordingly. Interest is compounded monthly. In accordance with the Philippine Accounting Standards (PAS) definition, effective interest rate (EIR) is the rate that exactly discounts estimated future cash flows through the life of the loan to the net amount of loan proceeds. (BSP Circular No. 730, s2011)
2The applicable Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate is 3.50% based on a P20,000 availment, on the assumption that the Cardholder pays the Minimum Amount Due one (1) day after the Statement Date.
3Your actual Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate is indicated on your Monthly Statement of Account.
4The applicable Monthly Effective Interest Rate for Citi Cash Advance is 3.64% based on a P20,000 availment plus P600 Citi Cash Advance Service Charge, on the assumption that the Cardholder pays the Minimum Amount Due one (1) day after the Statement Date.
Other Fees and Charges for All Card Types
|Citi Cash Advance Service Charge||P500 or 3% of Citi Cash Advance Amount, whichever is higher. Additional fee of P500 if the Citi Cash Advance is made over the counter.|
|Monthly Late Charge||P500 or 6% of the Past Due Amount, whichever is higher.|
|Minimum Amount Due||
Your Minimum Amount Due is:
|Paper Statement Delivery Fee||Effective September 1, 2017, a P25 fee will be charged per paper statement delivered to the customer’s mailing address.|
|Foreign Transaction Service Fee||All charges made in foreign currencies will automatically be converted to Philippine Peso on the posting dates at the prevailing exchange rate determined by Visa/MasterCard. A fee of up to 3.525% will be imposed on the converted amount which represents our service fee and assessment fees charged by Visa/MasterCard.|
|Citi Call for Cash Manager's Check Delivery Charge||P50 will be charged for the delivery of the Manager's Check availed under the Citi Call for Cash facility.|
|Cancellation Processing Fee||P300 applicable to Citi PayLite and Citi PayLite After Purchase.|
|4% of the unbilled principal component of the Installment Transaction Amount applicable to Citi Balance Conversion, Citi Balance Transfer and Citi Call for Cash.|
|Card Replacement Fee||P400 for each lost or stolen Card.|
|Overlimit Fee||P500 (i) if your Relationship Balance, the balance across all your Citi Cards (including unbilled principal on installment transactions, if any) exceeds your Relationship Limit (RL), or (ii) where your Card is on Account Credit Limit, if your account balance exceeds your Account Credit Limit. The fee will apply on the same day you exceeded your RL or Account Credit Limit and will be charged to the Card with the transaction that caused the overlimit. The fee will be reflected on your Card’s next statement and will only be charged once per month. However, if your Relationship Balance or Account Balance remains overlimit in the succeeding months, a P500 Overlimit Fee will be charged per month.|
|Returned Check Fee||P1,500 will be charged for every check that is returned or that bounces due to insufficiency of funds, uncollected deposits, stop payment order, closed account, alteration, erasure or deficiency, or for any other reason.|
|Charge Slip Retrieval Fee||P250 for each charge slip retrieved upon your request, for whatever reason. The same amount will be charged to you for each charge slip retrieved by the Bank arising from an invalid dispute.|
Effective April 2016
|P250 for each approved Citi Call for Cash and Citi Balance Transfer transaction.|
|Attorney's Fees & Other Judicial Expenses||In case of default in payment, you will need to pay, in addition to Late and Interest charges, the cost of collection and/or attorney's fees and litigation and judicial expenses, as applicable.|
All Card Transactions and any amounts charged to your Card shall incur Interest.We compute Interest each month based on daily balances (including new transactions).
How the daily balance is computed:
The daily balance is computed separately for each type of balance (Citi Cash Advance balance and Retail balance), in the following manner:
Start with the ending balance from the previous day.
Add any new purchases, the principal portion of the Monthly Installments Due, and charges transacted on that day.
Subtract any credits, payments, and/or other adjustments made on that day.
How Interest is computed:
We multiply each daily balance by the daily Interest rate (which is the monthly Interest rate divided by 30) to determine the daily Interest. We do not compute Interest on any credit balance.
We repeat Step 1 for each day in the billing period.
We add up all the daily Interest to determine the total Interest for the billing period.
For Retail Interest only:
- If you pay the Total Amount Due of your current SOA in full by its Payment Due Date, the Retail Interest on your new Card transactions will be deferred to your next SOA (“Deferred Interest”). If you continue to pay your Total Amount Due on the next SOA in full by the next SOA’s Payment Due Date, the Deferred Interest will not be charged.
- If you pay the Total Amount Due of your current SOA in full by its Payment Due Date, but you have an unpaid balance from the previous SOA, the unpaid portion of the Previous Balance will incur Interest; the computed Interest on the unpaid amount of the Previous Balance will be charged on your next SOA (“Residual Interest”).
- If you do not pay the Total Amount Due of your current SOA in full by Payment Due Date, the total Retail Interest assessed to you equals:
- Total Interest for the billing period (as computed in Step 3); plus
- Any Deferred Interest from the previous billing period.
Interest is compounded monthly; on the Statement Date, Interest charged on Retail Transactions will be added to the outstanding Retail balance and Interest charged on Citi Cash Advances will be added to the Citi Cash Advance outstanding balance, if any.
Although the monthly interest rates are as stated in your SOA, the total Interest you pay on an annual basis may be higher depending on the amounts you pay and when you pay. You can save on Interest when you pay more than the Minimum Amount Due and/or pay earlier.