Benefits at a glance:
- Pay for purchases with just a tap of your mobile phone
- Earn Charge2Phone (C2P) points
- Pay for purchases on payWave terminals* with a tap of your mobile phone - no signature required.
- Use your Smart / Sun mobile number to pay for your online purchases at participating merchants.
*Valid for purchases below P2,000.
Earn C2P points that you can convert to rebates.
(Php 1 = 1 C2P point)
Your card never leaves your hand. Plus, you receive a One-Time Password every time you use C2P for online payments.
For point-of-sale transactions:
it on your phone
your phone on the terminal
and be on your way
For online transactions:
Your default MPIN is the last 6 digits of your TIN (Tax Identification Number). If you want to change your MPIN, please visit https://charge2phone.com.
To pay for your online purchases using Charge2Phone
On the Merchant Checkout page, select "Charge2Phone" as mode of payment
Enter your Smart/Sun Cellular mobile number and MPIN
Enter your One-Time-PIN (OTP) which will be sent to your registered Smart/Sun Cellular mobile number
Applying for a Charge2Phone account is simple. The application process should take less than 10 minutes to complete if you have all your personal information ready, and you will receive a response in 60 seconds after submitting the form.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria
You must be:
- At least 21 years of age or older.
- A resident of the Philippines with a valid Philippine billing address.
- Have an annual income of P1,000,000 or higher.
- Have Smart or Sun Cellular postpaid mobile phone.
- Have a Tax Identification Number (TIN) and SSS/GSIS No.
- Have or apply for a Citi Rewards Card
Information required when applying online:
- Personal information.
- Employment/Financial information.
- Other credit card information.
- Photocopy of any two (2) valid IDs with photo and signature.
- SSS Photocard
- TIN ID Card
- Driver's License
- Company ID
- Proof of income
If Employed, you are required to submit any two (2) of the following:
- Latest Income tax return (ITR) duly stamped as received by the BIR.
- W2 (BIR Form 2316)
- Latest payslip (within last 3 months)
- Original Certificate of Employment
- Photocopy of your most recent credit card billing statement from other banks (if any)
If self-employed with assets less than P15 million, you are required to submit one (1) of the following:
- Latest Audited Financial Statement (AFS) duly stamped as received by the BIR.
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) duly stamped as received by the BIR
- Photocopy of your most recent credit card billing statement from other banks (if any)
If self-employed with assets greater than P15 million, you are required to submit all of the following:
- Latest Audited Financial Statement (AFS) with BIR or bank stamp.
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with BIR or bank stamp (2 pages)
If you are a foreign national, you required to submit any one (1) of the following:
- Visa and Working Permit (with validity of 1 year and not expired at time of application)
- Immigration Certificate of Residence (ICR)
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR - iCard type with permanent status)
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Charge2Phone (C2P) is the country's first sticker-based innovative card feature that allows contactless payments for over-the-counter purchases, and online payments using your Smart or Sun mobile number.
Charge2Phone provides a secure and faster way to pay.
For face to face transactions, just look for the Visa payWave symbol at the merchant's store façade and/or checkout counters. Simply tap your card on the terminal and be on your way. For low-ticket items, cardholder signature is not required. Plus, it uses a newer chip technology that gives you enhanced protection against fraud due to cloning.
For online transactions, just enter your mobile number on your merchant website's check-out page instead of your card number. For your additional security, you will need to input your MPIN, the One-Time-Pin (OTP) that you will receive and your card CVV.
Earn 1 C2P Point for every P1 spend and you can redeem your C2P Points for bill rebates. Minimum to redeem is P250, increments of P250
To use C2P for over-the-counter transactions, simply place the C2P sticker at the back of your mobile phone and tap it at any payWave terminal to pay for your purchase. For your security, over-the-counter transactions will only be up to P2,000.
To use C2P for online payments, simply follow these steps:
- Select C2P as your mode of payment on the checkout page.
- Enter your Smart or Sun Cellular mobile number and MPIN.
- Input your One-Time PIN. This will be sent to your registered Smart or Sun Cellular mobile number with us.
- Input 3-digit card verification value or CVV found on your sticker.
Yes, simply stick your C2P sticker at the back of any mobile phone model.
Yes. Simply lift off the sticker at the corner gently and peel it off your current phone before sticking it to your new mobile phone1.
However, we don't encourage this as the adhesive tape may lose its stickiness
1Citibank will not be liable to damages to the mobile phone unit caused by the sticker.
Your MPIN is your Personal Identification Number or password to use C2P for online payments.
Your default MPIN is the last 6-digits of your taxpayer's identification number (TIN).
Simply follow these steps:
- Visit https://charge2phone.com/C2P/login/
- Enter your Mobile Number and MPIN
- Enter your One-Time PIN (OTP), which you will receive on your registered number with us
- Click change MPIN
- You will receive a notification upon successful MPIN change
Simply visit https://charge2phone.com and enter your mobile number. A temporary MPIN will be sent to your email address
The Smart or Sun Cellular number indicated in your C2P application form will automatically be linked to your C2P sticker.
Please call our 24-Hour CitiPhone at 995 9999995 9999. Your mobile number will be updated in the Citibank system after 3 calendar days and your mobile number will be linked to your C2P account after 7 calendar days.
For over-the-counter transactions, you can use C2P for purchases below P2,000.
For online transactions, you can use C2P for any amount within your available credit line.
You can use your Citi Rewards Card or other Citi Cards when paying for over-the-counter transactions worth P2,000 and above.
You will not be required to sign when you use C2P.
You can use your Citi Visa payWave Card at select branches of the following merchants:
- Shell Select Stores
- Smart Wireless Centers
- Sun Cellular Wireless Centers
- Eastwood Cinemas
- Lucky Chinatown Cinemas
- Newport Cinemas
Just look for the Visa payWave symbol
No. You can only use C2P in payWave terminals.
Yes. For over-the-counter transactions, your C2P sticker is protected with the latest contactless technology that prevents your card information from being copied. Also, your sticker never leaves your hand when you make a payment so you're always in control.
For online transactions, you enter your Smart or Sun Cellular mobile number so your card number is not revealed to anyone. You will also need to enter your MPIN, One-Time-Pin (OTP), and your card CVV as additional security.
Just like any credit card, please treat your C2P sticker like cash. Please do not give your C2P sticker to anyone. If your C2P sticker is lost or stolen, please report it immediately by calling our 24-Hour CitiPhone at 995 9999995 9999.
No, your C2P sticker will only be read if it is tapped against the terminal or if it is within 4cm from the terminal.
No. Even if you tap more than once at the payWave terminal, you'll only get billed once for your purchase. This is because Citibank has the ability to automatically detect and reject any attempt to use the same transaction information more than once for over-the-counter transactions.
For over-the-counter transactions, all payments are issued a card sales slip.
For online transactions, a confirmation page on the website will appear when the transaction is complete. You will also receive an SMS confirmation message.
As with any Citi Card, please immediately call our 24-Hour CitiPhone at 995 9999995 9999. By reporting that your sticker was stolen, we can note that any transaction made on the card after the report is considered unauthorized and will not be charged to you.
Yes, you can use your C2P sticker overseas at merchants with Visa payWave terminals.
Currently, this is only available for Visa.
Yes, you can earn C2P points every time you use it to pay for your purchases. (Php1 = 1 C2P point; 250 C2P points = P1 C2P bill rebate)
No, you earn Charge2Phone points when you use your Charge2Phone sticker and you earn Citi Rewards Points when you use your Citi Rewards Card.
You can call CitiPhone to redeem your C2P points.
You will receive a C2P billing statement from Citi.
You can get a C2P sticker when you apply for a Citi Rewards Card. C2P is exclusively available for Smart or Sun postpaid subscribers. If you already have an existing Citi Rewards Card, you can just apply for the C2P sticker.
To apply, simply visit any Smart or Sun Cellular business center.
The C2P sticker is free for life.
C2P is exclusive to Smart and Sun postpaid subscribers. To apply for a postpaid line, please visit any Smart or Sun Cellular business center.
No. Only primary cardholders are eligible to get a C2P sticker.